Koert Vermeulen will be a key speaker and present “Neopter” at DRONE APPS conference in Switzerland on September 14th & 15th, 2015
Drone Apps, an invitation-only event held in Switzerland annually, is a forum where leading end-users meet inventors and regulators to discuss the newest opportunities and current issues of the drone industry.
Along cutting-edge presentations and thought-provoking panels, the event provides ample opportunities for networking, informal meetings and serendipitous discoveries in an intimate and neutral environment conducive to exchange and collaboration.
Vous l’avez peut-être remarqué en levant les yeux vers le beffroi: il brille désormais de mille feux. Plus de 150 projecteurs de lampes LED ont été installés tout le long de la colonne durant 2 semaines. Cet habillage lumineux restera en place durant toute l’année 2015. Il a été imaginé par Koert Vermeulen, light-designer anversois qui conçoit des installations comme celles-là partout dans le monde. Le nouveau visage du beffroi a été inauguré ce dimanche soir 4 janvier.
More infos here.
Nationa(a)l is back and this year with Lighting Design & Digital Arts disciplines !
Young belgian talents unite & answer the open call !
more info : nationalstore.be
– ACTLD works in 3 different sectors, entertainment, art &architecture, our needs are a bit different from traditional LD offices
– Languages are a must, at least 2 languages is mandatory, English must be one of them, and your written skills must be very good in that. If you have French on top, that is golden, and if you have additional languages on top you go for Diamond.
– Skills must include Acad, Photoshop, Indesign, Office tools, Mac or PC, we welcome both. Knowledge of the basic Web 2.0 tools are a must, as are social media and the collaborative tools
– If your angle is architecture, then Dialux, Sketchup, hand sketching and some graphic skills are highly appreciated. If you are more entertainment orientated, then Video soft like Final Cut Pro and the Adobe toolbox like After FX is a proven advantage. 3D software gets you a step forward. And knowledge of lighting console’s like Grand MA, E:Que and others make you almost to good to resist.
– Passion for this industry is a major driving force. Going away to other countries is a must, especially the more exotic locations. Frequent travel is a part of you and you always have a bag ready next to your desk to depart in a moment’s notice
– A master’s degree in Lighting Design at one of the better schools (Wismar, KTH, …) is a basic requirement for the archi guys.Or you have at least 5 years of experience in Lighting Design in a similar LD studio. Show us your need for adaption and your aptitude for flexibility.
– You can handle stress, are good tempered, have good social skills, can work on 10 different tasks at once and still be focused on 1 thing. You can lead your team, and follow your directors. You can cope with difficult clients and ignorent suppliers. You are a partner in the project team, you share knowledge and go the extra mile to get the job done and perform always above the expectations.
– You are interested in technology, art, design, literature, architecture…
Make us dream/wonder/crave/ and hire you….
If you are interested, please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
“Puy du Fou and ACT have leapfrogged over Disney to become drone technology pioneers.”
A quote by Jack Rouse Associates in their Blog about “Drones in the Entertainment Industry.”
See the full article for more information : HERE
We are looking for a project lighting designer. If you are motivated and have min 3 years of experience we will be glad to hear from you. Please contact & send your portfolio at: email@example.com
We are looking for a senior lighting designer. If you are motivated and have min 5 years of experience we will be glad to hear from you. Please contact & send your portfolio at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to announce our collaboration with Nationa(a)l & creation of an original lighting scenography for this great event !
OPENING EVENT: 21st of November, 2012 – Come to meet us!
Koert Vermeulen will be a keynote speaker at “Lights on 2012” in Sao Paulo, Brazil Event organized by Philips.
In Chinese traditions, before any distinction of heaven and earth, chaos itself looked like an egg. After 18,000 years, the egg-chaos opened: the heavy elements formed the Earth (Yin), light and pure elements formed Heaven (Yang).
The double helix has a clear similarity in shape with the line that parts black and white yin-yang symbol. Drawn vertically, the double spiral suggests complementarity between Heaven and Earth, the celestial and terrestrial poles, descending and ascending phases in conjunction with the two streams of cosmic force.