– ACTLD works in 3 different sectors, entertainment, art &architecture, our needs are a bit different from traditional LD offices
– Languages are a must, at least 2 languages is mandatory, English must be one of them, and your written skills must be very good in that. If you have French on top, that is golden, and if you have additional languages on top you go for Diamond.
– Skills must include Acad, Photoshop, Indesign, Office tools, Mac or PC, we welcome both. Knowledge of the basic Web 2.0 tools are a must, as are social media and the collaborative tools
– If your angle is architecture, then Dialux, Sketchup, hand sketching and some graphic skills are highly appreciated. If you are more entertainment orientated, then Video soft like Final Cut Pro and the Adobe toolbox like After FX is a proven advantage. 3D software gets you a step forward. And knowledge of lighting console’s like Grand MA, E:Que and others make you almost to good to resist.
– Passion for this industry is a major driving force. Going away to other countries is a must, especially the more exotic locations. Frequent travel is a part of you and you always have a bag ready next to your desk to depart in a moment’s notice
– A master’s degree in Lighting Design at one of the better schools (Wismar, KTH, …) is a basic requirement for the archi guys.Or you have at least 5 years of experience in Lighting Design in a similar LD studio. Show us your need for adaption and your aptitude for flexibility.
– You can handle stress, are good tempered, have good social skills, can work on 10 different tasks at once and still be focused on 1 thing. You can lead your team, and follow your directors. You can cope with difficult clients and ignorent suppliers. You are a partner in the project team, you share knowledge and go the extra mile to get the job done and perform always above the expectations.
– You are interested in technology, art, design, literature, architecture…
Make us dream/wonder/crave/ and hire you….
If you are interested, please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org