Senior lighting designer – Belgium based
ACT Lighting Design is a full-service lighting and visual environment design company, working with clients from site planning to design to construction and commissioning.
We are active internationally since more than 20 years. Joining us means that today you will work on an immersive installation in Moscow as well as on some creative lighting design in Dubai and probably in the same time on a show for a theme park in Europe.
Senior lighting designer
We are currently looking for a talented senior lighting designer to join our team in our Brussels studio. In this exciting position you will involve some or all of the following key tasks at varying times.
Prepare design documentation for ACT Lighting Design projects, ranging from lighting design work in a variety of sectors, including entertainment, commercial, retail, exhibition, leisure, residential arts, public realm, masterplan and landscape developments.
Support the principal lighting designer during the concept phase process : propose and discuss technical solutions and design options as well as provide assistance to junior designers. Make technical calculations. Actively manage and engage with lighting suppliers.
On one or several projects, coordinate the dedicated team and workloads while tracking the deadlines and project schedules. Undertake construction administration on projects, designed by ACT LD.
Prepare presentations and participate in client facing activities such as design workshops, design team meetings etc in the presence of the ACT LD Principal designer if required.
Attend site meetings as appropriate and report on the status of the work and any items of concern. Ensure ACT LD Quality Standards are implemented and maintained on projects by, among other things, follow-up drawings, luminaires samples ad mock-up review.
Desired skills and experience
To be considered for this role, you will:
• Have outstanding written and verbal communication in English as well as strong face to face interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal skills in French. Other languages are an asset.
• Possess a tertiary training in Lighting Design from a recognized institution (or equivalent professional background) and a minimum of 4 to 6 years experience as Lighting designer.
• Have experience in DIALUX, AutoCAD, InDesign, Sketch-up, Photoshop and Microsoft Office package. 3d-Max or Rhino knowledge is a plus,
• Be a good teamplayer and take the ownership of the project you are working on,
• Have fantastic organisational and presentation skills with a disciplined work ethic to enable the most productive working environment,
• Be motivated by the prospect of design excellence with a practical and commercial awareness,
• An ability to multi-task and handle a number of projects at a time as well as focus on priorities.
We offer you
• Full-time position in a very dynamic environment, based in Brussels,
• To start immediately,
• A salary according with experience. Benefits based on performance,
• If you are living abroad a Re-location fee can be discussed.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a passion for design.
You should apply with a CV and a cover letter, along with a portfolio to highlight your expertise relevant to described role and responsibilities (Sketches, renderings, LD calculations, technical drawings…)